- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Move over, Ben Stiller: Barbra Streisand has a new comedy star to smother like a true Jewish mother.
In an odd-yet-perfect pairing, Streisand takes on the role of Seth Rogen‘s eclectic mother, a mix of neurotic, oblivious, outgoing and lonely due to the long-ago death of her husband. Without much of a dating life — just like her son — Rogen decides to take her on a road trip he has planned out to sell the revolutionary environmentally-friendly cleaning solution he has invented.
In case you’re wondering, this first glimpse promises a somewhat different journey than that other trip movie hitting theaters soon, On the Road.
The film opens on Christmas Day, perfect for families looking to bond while also getting out their frustrations with one another by proxy on the big screen.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
People's Choice Awards