- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gwendoline Christie is the latest to join Robert Zemeckis‘ Universal drama.
The still untitled feature will star Steve Carell as Mark, a man who builds a miniature WWII-era village as a way to recover from a violent assault. Christie will be playing Mark’s Russian caretaker, Anna.
Based on Jeff Malmberg’s 2010 doc Marwencol, the project was co-written by Zemeckis and Caroline Thompson.
Janelle Monae, Diane Kruger and Leslie Mann are also set to star in the feature, which Zemeckis will produce via his Uni-based ImageMovers.
Jack Rapke and Steve Starkey will also produce, along with Cherylanne Martin. Malmberg and Jackie Levine will exec produce. Maradith Frenkel and Chloe Yellin will oversee the project on behalf of the studio.
Christie will next be seen on the upcoming seventh season of Game of Thrones, reprising her fan favorite role as Brienne of Tarth, and opposite Nicole Kidman and Elisabeth Moss in Jane Campion’s Top of the Lake series. On the features side, the actress will next be seen as her Force Awakens character, Captain Phasma, in Star Wars: the Last Jedi.
She is reppped by WME, the U.K.’s Independent and Jackoway Tyerman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day