- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
What’s more riveting than Jay-Z rap-ringing in 2013 at his New Year’s Eve concert in Brooklyn? Everything else that is happening around him.
This performance of “Run This Town” is a lot to take in: there’s NYE co-headliner Chris Martin hopping around with kids Apple and Moses (who would rather stay still). But, really, it’s Martin’s wife Gwyneth Paltrow who hogs the spotlight, what with her herky-jerky dancing, pony-tail whipping and champagne-swigging. And now she is taking the internet by storm!
A highlight, observes mommy blog The Stir, is when “Gwyneth tries to get Moses to dance with her and you can kind of see him saying, ‘Excuse me, do I know you?’ before he backs away. Apple gamely tries to ape her daddy’s dance moves because she’s such a good girl. But Moses is having none of this nonsense.”
Conspicuously absent: Jay-Z Wife/Paltrow BFF Beyonce. (Perhaps she prefers the stage all to herself.)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day