- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lionsgate and Roadside Attractions have struck again at the Toronto International Film Festival, scooping up domestic distribution rights for the sex-addiction comedy Thanks for Sharing.
The move marks Roadside’s second major pickup in a day. On Monday night, Lionsgate and Roadside acquired the Kristen Wiig starrer Imogene. Roadside has put into domestic theaters such recent awards-season players as Winter’s Bone and Margin Call. Though it appears that Roadside has room for either Thanks for Sharing or Imogene in its fall schedule — the distributor has only one upcoming film before year’s end, the Richard Gere starrer Arbitrage, which opens Friday — both films will be released in 2013.
Roadside also bought Sarah Polley’s documentary Stories We Tell on Monday.
Thanks for Sharing, which debuted Saturday night at the festival, marks Stu Blumberg‘s directorial debut. Singer Pink‘s supporting role in the film is garnering particular buzz.
UTA and WME co-repped the title.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
San Sebastian International Film Festival
They Cloned Tyrone