- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Peter Billingsley is directing the action comedy, which Vaughn is producing with Micah Mason and Victoria Vaughn via the actor’s Wild West Picture Show Productions banner.
The graphic novel by A.J. Lieberman (who also wrote the adaptation) and Nick Thornborrow centers on a low-life whom everybody — including mob bosses, contract killers and dirty cops — wants dead. In a rare act of selflessness (and desperation), the man takes out a million-dollar term life insurance policy to benefit his estranged daughter, but soon after, he realizes it doesn’t take effect for 21 days. The story, laid out in nonlinear fashion, focues on the man’s efforts to make it to the finish line while trying to be a responsible father for the first time.
Steinfeld will play Vaughn’s character’s daughter.
Vice president of production Kristin Lowe is overseeing the project for Universal.
Steinfeld is coming off the hot Toronto Film Festival premiere of Can a Song Save Your Life and will next be seen in Ender’s Game.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day