- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oscar darling Halle Berry, who was set to present during Sunday night’s Academy Awards, has canceled at the last minute, according to Academy Awards producer Brian Grazer.
Berry injured her foot months ago while filming Cloud Atlas in Spain. According to Warner Bros., the accident occurred in September while “walking in Majorca on a day off from filming.” People reported at the time that Berry was chasing after her then-3-year-old daughter, Nahla, who was chasing after a goat across the rocky countryside.
Although the injury occurred nearly six months ago, Berry was photographed just last week wearing a brace boot on her right leg.
The actress, while always glamorous on the red carpet, seems to be a klutz on set. Berry broke her arm while filming Gothika during a “physical scene” on set in Montreal, according to a Warner Bros. spokesman. She was also reportedly injured on the set of Catwoman, with reports saying she was taken to the hospital after being hit by a boom.
Berry recently became engaged to her boyfriend of a year, French actor Olivier Martinez, according to jewelry designer Gurhan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Jon M. Chu