- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
But if you believe the jeweler who designed the emerald and diamond engagement ring that Martinez, 46, used to propose to the Oscar winner, 45, over the Christmas holidays, then congratulations are in order. She has reportedly been photographed wearing the ring recently in L.A.
This would be the third marriage for Berry, who had a messy split from Atlanta Braves outfielder David Justice in the 1990s. In 2001 she wed singer Eric Benet — whom she thanked in her emotional Oscar acceptance speech in 2002 — and divorced in 2005 after numerous issues with his infidelity. Her last relationship with model Gabriel Aubry produced a daughter, Nahla, now 3.
This will be the first marriage for Martinez, who starred opposite Diane Lane in the unfortunately titled film Unfaithful. He began dating Berry in 2010 when they co-starred in the thriller Dark Tide, due out this summer. He dated Kylie Minogue and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
Martinez certainly seems to have changed the actress’s mind about getting remarried.
“I wish I had known then that I was not the marrying kind,” she said in an interview last spring. “It would have saved me a lot of time, heartache and grief over the years.”
They say the third time’s a charm.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day