- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney+ is getting into the Halloween movie business.
The streamer has set rising Irish filmmaker Peter Foott to helm Spooked, a supernatural comedy being produced by Dan Lin and Jonathan Eirich of Rideback.
Details are being kept in the pumpkin head, but it is known that the storyline involves a Halloween night gone awry as trick or treaters are transformed into whatever costume they are wearing.
Tyler Burton Smith wrote the initial script for the project that has landed at Disney+ and will now be rewritten by Foott.
Mark Bauch is executive producing.
Foott directed homegrown videos and TV fare before making his feature debut with 2016’s The Young Offenders, a coming-of-age crime comedy about a pair of best friends who steal some bikes to go find a batch of missing cocaine and escape their troubled lives.
The movie, inspired by a true-life incident involving a capsized boat and drug seizure of the Irish coast, proved to be a breakout hit in Ireland, has a 100 percent score on Rotten Tomatoes, and launched a TV spinoff.
Foott is repped by CAA, Morris Yorn and U.K.’s Casarotto Ramsay.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood
Tokyo Film Festival