- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The three days of glorious sunshine and blue skies that London enjoys each year have been taken full advantage of in the first trailer for Hampstead, the upcoming romance starring Diane Keaton and Brendan Gleeson.
The story sees Keaton play an American widow living near the picturesque Hampstead Heath in the British capital, who one day stumbles upon Gleeson’s reclusive, shack-dwelling recluse.
When his home comes under threat from property developers looking to build luxury flats on the land, the two join forces to fight off the threat. James Norton, Lesley Manville, Jason Watkins and Simon Callow also star.
Hampstead is directed by BAFTA Award-winner Joel Hopkins (Last Chance Harvey) from a screenplay by Academy Award-nominated writer Robert Festinger (In the Bedroom). BAFTA-nominated Robert Bernstein and Douglas Rae from Ecosse Films (Nowhere Boy, Becoming Jane) are producing, with Leon Clarance, Laure Vaysse and Jo Monk executive producing for Motion Picture Capital, Mark Woolley for Ecosse, and Alison Thompson and Mark Gooder for Cornerstone Films.
eOne is releasing the film in the U.K. on June 23.
See the trailer below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Ellen DeGeneres Show