- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Woody Harrelson is in early talks to join Alden Ehrenreich in the Han Solo Star Wars stand-alone film, Heat Vision has confirmed.
If cast, Harrelson will play an early mentor to Ehrenreich’s Solo. Disney and Lucasfilm were looking for a big name for the role — a search that, at one time, included Christian Bale.
Kathleen Kennedy and Allison Shearmur are producing the feature, which is slated to hit theaters May 25, 2018.
The first Star Wars stand-alone, Rogue One, bowed over the holiday break and has earned $789 million at the global box office to date.
Harrelson, who played a mentor to Jennifer Lawrence’s Katniss Everdeen in the Hunger Games franchise, was recently in theaters in STX’s coming-of-age dramedy The Edge of Seventeen. The actor’s upcoming credits include the adaptation of The Glass Castle and Fox’s War for the Planet of the Apes.
Harrelson is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day