- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
You come at Han Solo, you better not miss.
The Wire star Michael K. Williams is in talks for the upcoming Star Wars stand-alone.
Filming is already underway on the Lucasfilm production, which will see Alden Ehrenreich as the young nerf herder and Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian. Thandie Newton, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Woody Harrelson and Emilia Clarke are also set to star.
Phil Lord and Chris Miller are behind the camera, directing from a script by father-son duo Jon and Lawrence Kasdan. Kathleen Kennedy and Allison Shearmur are producing.
The untitled project, which is set to take place before the events of A New Hope, will hit theaters May 25, 2018.
Williams can currently be seen in the ABC miniseries When We Rise, and he was featured in the HBO standout The Night Of opposite another Rogue One star, Riz Ahmed. Williams’ recent feature credits include Assassin’s Creed and Inherent Vice.
He is repped by WME, Silver Lining and Jackoway Tyerman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day