- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Warner Bros.’ summer 2013 calendar is taking shape.
The studio said Thursday that it will open The Hangover Part III on May 24, the beginning of the lucrative Memorial Day weekend. Todd Phillips is returning to direct Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis and Ed Helms in the threequel.
The first two Hangover films, released in 2009 and 2011, combined for more than $1 billion in global boxoffice.
Warners also announced it is moving tentpole Pacific Rim from May 10 to July 12. Idris Elba and Ron Perlman star in the sci-fi action film from director Guillermo del Toro. The movie reteams the director with Perlman, who starred in del Toro’s Hellboy films.
In a third scheduling move, Warners said its 300 sequel will bow Aug. 2. Zack Snyder‘s 2007 original, based on Frank Miller‘s graphic novel about the Battle of Thermopylae, grossed $456 million worldwide.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day