- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Focus Features’ thriller Hanna has moved into the second spot in the weekend boxoffice rankings, edging ahead of the Warners’ comedy Arthur.
Preliminary numbers issued Sunday had Arthur, starring Russell Brand as a self-indulgent millionaire, in second place for the weekend with an estimated $12.6 million, and Hanna, starring Saoirse Ronan as a teen assassin, close behind in third place with an estimated $12.3 million.
But when the final numbers were in, the two films switched places. Hanna over-performed on Sunday, picking up $3.2 million for the day, to bring its opening weekend domestic tally to $12.4 million.
Arthur ended the weekend with a final opening weekend take of $12.2 million.
Universal’s animated-live action hybrid remained atop the weekend chart with an estimated $21.7 million.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show