- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Robert Ben Garant (Jessabelle) wrote the script. Blumhouse has an excellent track record when it comes to making highly profitable microbudgeted horror features (including Paranormal Activity, The Purge and Insidious), but the interesting part of this new feature is that it’s geared toward families. The logline is being kept under wraps for now.
Blumhouse’s Jason Blum is producing with Garant, while Jeanette Brill and Couper Samuelson will executive produce.
Zwart directed the 2013 YA adaptation Mortal Instruments and also helmed 2010’s The Karate Kid starring Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan, which grossed nearly $360 million worldwide. He made his feature film debut with 2001’s One Night at McCool’s, starring Liv Tyler and Michael Douglas. He’s repped by CAA and Warren Dern.
Garant wrote the script for the 2014 horror film Jesabelle, which Lionsgate release in October. He previously worked on the script for Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb, and wrote and directed the 2013 film Hell Baby starring Rob Corddry. He also wrote the script for the upcoming Blumhouse and Universal film The Veil, which stars Jessica Alba. He’s repped by CAA and Principato Young.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day