- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The move comes as the Canadian-based distributor consolidates international sales within its film production business. Van Lier joined eOne in January 2014 as president of eOne Films International, based in London, after serving as executive vp international distribution at StudioCanal.
In April 2014, the company unveiled a global film production arm under Xavier Marchand, president, film production. Now eOne will combine international film sales in its film production business, with an eye to producing more in-house films.
“As our focus on eOne-financed and -produced films continues to develop, our global sales efforts and production strategy need to be fully aligned,” Steve Bertram, president, global film group, said Monday in a statement. With van Lier’s departure, Charlotte van Weede, senior vp international sales at eOne Films International, and Anick Poirier, vp international sales at Seville International, will now direct international sales under Marchand.
Marchand’s division recently announced first-look deals with Simon Oakes and Marc Schipper‘s Hammer Films and David Lancaster‘s Rumble Films, as well as production deals on Eye in the Sky and Message From the King.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sundance Film Festival