- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Carla Gardini has been promoted to executive vp production and development at Harpo Films, which she joined in 2009 and where she had been serving as senior vp production and development.
Gardini will continue to supervise the development and production of all scripted television and feature projects. She oversees Harpo Films’ first-look television deal with HBO as well as Harpo’s feature film slate, including the upcoming The Hundred-Foot Journey, starring Helen Mirren.
Current television projects in development at HBO include a half-hour comedy series with the working title Moody Bitches from Diablo Cody and the two-hour movie The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, which Harpo is producing with Alan Ball.
Before joining Harpo, Gardini worked at The Weinstein Co., where she oversaw such films as The Great Debaters and Clerks II.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Academy Museum of Motion Pictures