- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
One action star is not returning for Expendables 3, but another is moving in to appear in the big action franchise.
Bruce Willis won’t appear in the third film, but Harrison Ford is joining the the threequel, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Sylvester Stallone tweeted the news on Tuesday: “WILLIS OUT… HARRISON FORD IN !!!! GREAT NEWS !!!!! Been waiting years for this!!!!”
A few minutes later, Stallone added: “GREEDY AND LAZY …… A SURE FORMULA FOR CAREER FAILURE”
Lionsgate has slated the Nu Image/Millennium Films action-adventure franchise film to open Aug. 15, 2014. Stallone returns as Barney Ross, who leads the group of mercenaries as it undertakes seemingly impossible missions. Jackie Chan and Nicolas Cage are to appear in the film.
The Expendables 2, starring Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Chuck Norris, Terry Crews and Willis, opened in the U.S. on Aug. 16, 2012, easily topping the box office that weekend with $28.6 million. The Lionsgate and Millennium Films project has earned $300.4 million worldwide.
Ford next appears in the thriller Paranoia and the sci-fi film Ender’s Game. He’s repped by UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day