- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Inspired by a true story, the indie revolves around a family man, amid a midlife crisis on a dream sailing vacation, who ends up shipwrecked in the Atlantic Ocean with a charming but unhinged sea captain.
“There’s no one better than Ed Helms to play an everyday guy who gets saddled with every comedic misfortune life could throw his way, and Harrison is going to create yet another memorable and iconic character as an unhinged sea captain. Instead of a road-trip comedy, we can’t wait to see these unlikely buddies in this seafaring comedy,” Adam Fogelson, chairman of the STXfilms Motion Picture Group, said in a statement.
The Burt Squire screenplay is by Ben Bolea. LD Entertainment’s Mickey Liddell and Pete Shilaimon are producing the film alongside Kim Zubick. LD’s Michael Glassman will executive produce.
Ford reprised his role of Han Solo in the Star Wars franchise and will next star in Annapurna Television’s The Staircase and return to his role as Indiana Jones. Helms starred in Netflix’s Coffee and Kareem and the comedy Tag.
Burt Squire will be overseen by STXfilms’ Drew Simon and Spencer Ela. Helms is repped by UTA and Artists First. Ford is represented by UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day