- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ford will play a legendary newscaster a la Tom Brokaw in the Adam McKay-helmed comedy, which begins shooting this month in Atlanta. He previously played an anchorman in the film Morning Glory, the 2010 comedy produced by J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk.
The sequel to 2004’s Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy stars returnees Will Ferrell, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, Christina Applegate and David Koechner, as well as a new-to-the-property Kristen Wiig.
Ferrell and McKay wrote the screenplay and are producing the film. Judd Apatow and Kevin Messick also are aboard as producers.
Though plot details on Anchorman 2 are being kept under wraps, the level of secrecy pales compared to the new Star Wars films, for which Ford is expected to reprise his role of Han Solo in some capacity.
Ford has a trio of films in the can: the Jackie Robinson biopic 42, which bows April 12; the Relativity thriller Paranoia; and the franchise hopeful Ender’s Game.
He is repped by UTA.
Email: Tatiana.Siegel@THR.com, Twitter: @TatianaSiegel27
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day