- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Particularly, for those in the running to play a young Han Solo in a Star Wars spinoff movie being made by Disney, Lucasfilm and filmmakers Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (21 Jump Street, The Lego Movie) and scheduled for 2018. Most recently, the shortlist has narrowed down to just a few names, including Alden Ehrenreich of Hail, Caesar!, Jack Reynor of Transformers: Age of Extinction and Taron Egerton of Kingsman.
Of the 2,500 actors who have either met with those in charge of casting or put themselves on tape, becoming part of one of the widest casting calls ever, Ford said, “I’m flattered.”
What tips does he have for whichever young actor gets the gig? “Don’t do it,” he said, joking of his character’s fate in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. “First, it seems like everything’s going swimmingly, and you put in 25, 30 years, and then just, they just let you go. And they show you the door: ‘We’re done with you, thank you very much.’ “
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day