- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Warner Bros. Pictures’ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 has become the highest grossing installment in the Harry Potter franchise in international markets.
The film has earned $657.24 million and counting passing the previous record-holder, 2001’s Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, which grossed $657 million, the company announced Wednesday.
“It’s tremendously gratifying to reach this benchmark as we enter the final stretch of this remarkable journey,” said Jeff Robinov, President of Warner Bros. Pictures Group.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 opens in November.
With the success of its first six of seven titles, the Harry Potter series had already achieved the distinction of being the top-grossing film franchise of all time, with a combined worldwide gross of $6.37 billion.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day