- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Daniel Radcliffe says his hard-partying days are behind him. In the August issue of GQ UK, the Harry Potter star says he may have had an alcohol problem, and that he has not had a drink since August 2010.
He tells GQ UK that he began relying on alcohol to enjoy things, reports The Daily Mail.
“There were a few years there when I was just so enamoured with the idea of living some sort of famous person’s lifestyle that really isn’t suited to me.”
Radcliffe said he stopped drinking around the time the final installment of the Harry Potter series wrapped last summer.
“I’d just rather sit at home and read, or talk to somebody that makes me laugh,” said Radcliffe.
As for the estimated £48 million in Potter money he has amassed, Radcliffe said he won’t be spending it frivolously.
“I don’t know what to do with it. I’m very fortunate to have it, and it gives you room to manouevre,” he said. “But the main thing about having money is it means you don’t have to worry about it. And that for me is a lovely thing. It’s not for fast cars and hookers.”
Radcliffe, who is starring in a Broadway production of How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying, said he hoped to enjoy a varied career post-Potter, and that the Broadway musical was a step toward that goal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day