- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Harvey Weinstein is sashaying away from the high-end fashion label he purchased four years ago.
PHOTOS: Met Gala 2011 Fashion Top 10
THR reported earlier Wednesday that Sarah Jessica Parker will announce in the August issue of Vogue that she is stepping down from her role as chief creative officer of the Halston Heritage brand, the lower-priced offshoot of the high-end Halston brand.
Since Weinstein owns Halston — named for Roy Frowick Halston, the great American designer of the 1970s — there have been rumblings in fashion circles that perhaps Parker and Weinstein had had a parting of the ways professionally.
STORY: Sarah Jessica Parker Parts Ways With Halston
Turns out, this couldn’t be further from the truth. A source close to Halston tells THR that the film mogul will make an announcement shortly that he is letting go of his association with the company, which he purchased four years ago.
This is probably the reason Parker left her design post. It’s expected that Weinstein — who’s also a producer on Llifetime’s Project Runway and is married to fashion designer Georgina Chapman of Marchesa — will make an announcement to this effect Thursday.
STORY: Harvey Weinstein: Not Buying U.S. Rights to ‘Dragon Tattoo’ His Biggest Flub
Apparently something very big is afoot, and the fashion world is starting to buzz.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day