- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Harvey Weinstein is facing a new indictment in New York for alleged sexual assault.
The disgraced movie mogul will be arraigned Monday, according to the Manhattan District Attorney’s office. Weinstein is expected to attend the hearing.
The victim in the case is reportedly Sopranos actress Annabella Sciorra, who claims she was attacked by Weinstein in her Gramercy Park apartment in 1993, The New York Times reported.
The allegation was too old to be prosecuted under state law, but the district attorney is now using Sciorra’s report to further Weinstein’s previous indictment on sex crimes, the Times reported.
Once among the most powerful men in Hollywood, Weinstein has become a total pariah after the numerous allegations of sex crimes against him, in part, started the #MeToo movement.
Weinstein has maintained his innocence and has pleaded not guilty to all charges.
His trial is set to begin Sept. 9.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day