- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“This case was taken seriously from the outset, with a thorough investigation conducted by our sex crimes unit,” Joan Vollero, a spokeswoman for Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance Jr., said in a statement. “After analyzing the available evidence, including multiple interviews with both parties, the criminal charge is not supported.”
Twenty-two-year-old Battilana filed a police report against Weinstein last month, claiming he groped her breast during a private meeting at the Tribeca Film Center.
Battilana said she had just met Weinstein the previous day at a Radio City Music Hall social event, where they exchanged emails. Weinstein produced the current spring show at the venue, New York Spring Spectacular.
Battilana reportedly stopped cooperating with authorities in the past week, after being interviewed by the DA’s office on April 1.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day