- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Harvey Weinstein’s lawyers are making a new attempt to get the New York sexual assault case against him dismissed.
The former Hollywood producer’s attorneys said Monday in a court filing that his indictment was “irreparably tainted by police misconduct,” among other problems.
Weinstein’s attorneys are asking for a dismissal — or a hearing on what they call “the extent of the misconduct.”
The Manhattan district attorney’s office hasn’t immediately responded.
Weinstein was originally charged with assaulting three women. A charge involving one woman was dismissed after prosecutors said a detective advised a witness to suppress doubts concerning whether that alleged encounter was consensual.
Then prosecutors said the same detective told another Weinstein accuser she could delete material from her cellphones before giving them to prosecutors. They say no information was deleted.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Palm Springs international film festival