- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Transformers: Age of Extinction, the fourth installment of Michael Bay’s movie series based on the Hasbro toy line, won’t roll out in theaters until next month, but the latest salvo in the ongoing war between Autobots and Decepticons has already reached mobile devices with Thursday’s launch of the brand new Transformers: Age of Extinction official movie app.
Available for iOS and Android devices, the app will allow users to access exclusive material about the upcoming movie, including character biographies, images and videos from the movie and connected toy line and interviews with stars Mark Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz and Jack Reynor. Fans will also be able to complete “missions” for either the Autobots or Decepticons, in the process earning “Energon points” that will unlock additional content.
As the release of the movie draws closer, the app will be updated with new features, one of which is the ability to build your own virtual Transformer, add an augmented reality Grimlock to your everyday life and buy tickets for the movie ahead of release. Additional video and images from the movie will also be added.
Transformers: Age of Extinction will be released in theaters on June 27.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day