- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hayden Panettiere, of TV’s Heroes, and Nikki Reed, from the Twilight franchise, are attached to star in the high school-set thriller Downers Grove, which has been unveiled at the American Film Market.
Bret Easton Ellis has written the screenplay, based on the novel by Michael Hornberg. Nelson McCormick (Prom Night) is set to direct the feature, which will film in Louisiana in the spring.
The movie will be set in a high school in the Chicago suburb where every year, one senior dies a bizarre death before the end of the school year. Panettiere’s character fears that she’s the next victim.
The cast will also include Rebecca De Mornay.
Producing are Oren Segal of Media Talent Group, Chiara Trento of Bystander Films and Jason Dubin of Mangrove Media. Myriad Pictures is handling worldwide rights outside of North America.
“We are very excited about this project,” Myriad CEO and president Kirk D’Amico said. “The combination of the thriller genre, a very popular and well-known cast, Bret Easton Ellis’ dynamic screenplay and Nelson McCormick’s incredible skill with young actors and ability to create tension and terror onscreen is just unbeatable.”
Myriad vp acquisitions and production Amanda Blue brought the project in for Myriad and will oversee the production.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day