- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
And, besides reacting to the clip, may fans raised a question about mixed martial artist star Gina Carano, who plays Mallory Kane, a private contractor for the government, in the film. It seemed that her voice in the clip was distorted from her actual speaking voice.
Carano then addressed the audible alteration during a podcast for MMA blog No Holds Barred.
“Steven Soderbergh wanted Mallory Kane to be a completely different entity than Gina Carano,” she explained. “So he definitely went in and I went in to AVR and he did some tweaking.”
The MMA champ’s also not upset about the distortion. “I’m just honored to be a part of it,” she said. “There was a little joke that I was saying that even if [Soderbergh] would have shaved my head and put Bill Clinton as my voice, I would have still done it.”
Listen to Carano’s podcast and watch the Haywire trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day