- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HBO Max and CNN Films are teaming on a feature doc about the U.S. women’s national soccer team’s ongoing fight for equal pay.
Andrea Nix Fine and Sean Fine are behind LFG, which chronicles the class-action, gender discrimination lawsuit against the U.S. Soccer Federation filed three months before the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup, which was won by the U.S. team. LFG will feature interviews with players Megan Rapinoe, Jessica McDonald, Becky Sauerbrunn, Kelley O’Hara and Sam Mewis, among others.
“This fight is so much bigger than ourselves and the Women’s National Team,” said Rapinoe. “We’re doing it for the next generation of female soccer players and for women throughout the world in all industries and walks of life who are also fighting for equality.”
The Fines and Abby Greensfelder produced with Howard T. Owens and Ben Silverman executive producing for Propagate Content.
This is the latest team-up for HBO Max and CNN Films, both Warner Media brands. Previous collaborations include On the Trail: Inside the 2020 Primaries and Persona: The Dark Truth Behind Personality Tests.
Watch a teaser for the doc below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival