- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Take a hike, Jason Statham. A new actor has announced she’d like to play the villain in a future Fast and Furious installment, and it’s definitely not a name that anyone saw coming.
“My great ambition is to be in a Fast and Furious movie,” Helen Mirren told Yahoo! Movies. “I so want to be a mad driver in a Fast and Furious movie. My claim to fame is I always do my own driving — I was on Top Gear, and I did [my lap] in a very good time. I keep putting it out there, and they never ask me. I’ll be in Fast and Furious 8.”
The subject came up as Mirren was discussing the increase in good female action leads for young girls. “Finally, you’re getting great female teenaged heroines,” she said, “I love that, I think that’s great.” But the real reasons for her Fast and Furious ambitions lie closer to the heart of that particular franchise.
“I have to say Vin Diesel is brilliant,” Mirren explained. “I love Vin Diesel. He’s a great guy, smart — I love him. It’s partly because of him I’d like to be in one, but also the driving.”
Furious 7, the latest installment in the pedal-to-the-metal (often literally) series, opens in theaters this Friday.
Read more Vin Diesel Gets Choked Up During Paul Walker Tribute at ‘Furious 7’ Screening: “It’s for My Brother” (Video)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day