- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kenneth Branagh is directing the movie project, which sees Lily James in the title role, Cate Blanchett as the wicked stepmother and Game of Thrones‘ Richard Madden as the prince. Sophie McShera (Downton Abbey) and Holliday Granger (The Borgias) are playing the stepsisters.
The fairy godmother will be getting more screen time in this version than in Disney’s classic animated movie, with the character disguised as an old beggar who watches over Cinderella before revealing herself as the magical being she truly is.
Simon Kinberg, Allison Shearmur and David Barron are producing the fantasy and are planning a fall shoot in London.
Bonham Carter is no stranger to Disney, having played the Red Queen in 2010’s Alice in Wonderland, and appears in the studio’s big summer tentpole, The Lone Ranger, which reunites her with Johnny Depp.
Bonham Carter is repped by WME, Schiff Co.,and Conway van Gelder Grant in the U.K.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day