- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gore Verbinski is returning to Disney to direct the movie, which is being toplined by Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer.
The movie, being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, sees Tonto, played by Depp, take a much more prominent role in the story of a Texas Ranger (Hammer) left for dead who dons the masked identity known as the Lone Langer.
If a deal makes, Carter will play the madam of a brothel who deals with gentlemen and scoundrels.
Yoakam, currently shooting Billy Bob Thornton’s Jayne Mansfield’s Car, will play Butch Cavendish, leader of the gang that attacks the ranger and leaves his for dead.
Pepper, Emmy-nominated for his turn as Bobby Kennedy in The Kennedys, will act as a military officer.
The cast already includes Tom Wilkinson, who plays a railroad tycoon with dubious intentions.
A mid-October start date in Texas and New Mexico is being planned.
Carter, last seen in The King’s Speech, reprises the role of Bellatrix LeStrange in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows: Part 2. She is repped by WME and Magnolia Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show