- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Her Smell filmmaker is attached to write and direct Rest Stop for Legendary.
King’s short story, which was first published in Esquire in 2003 and was later included in his 2008 collection Just After Sunset, follows a novelist who pulls into a turnpike rest stop, where he witnesses a scene of domestic violence. The mystery writer, who publishes under a pseudonym, then assumes his alter ego and jumps into action.
Perry’s adaptation is being described as a propulsive cat-and-mouse thriller that follows the twisted journey of two women after a fateful encounter at a highway rest stop.
Craig Flores will produce through his Bread & Circuses banner. Alex Garcia and Ali Mendes will oversee for Legendary.
Perry’s feature credits include The Color Wheel, Listen Up Philip and Queen of the Earth. He also wrote Disney’s Christopher Robin. He is repped by WME, Mosaic and Sloane Offer.
King’s adaptation of Pet Sematary is currently in theaters via Paramount, while New Line’s It: Chapter Two and Warner Bros.’ Doctor Sleep will be released later this year. King is repped by Paradigm and Gang Tyre.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day