- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The engaged pair co-star as a blissfully wedded couple whose world gets turned upside down and thrown out of orbit when Bradley Cooper — sporting a dreadlocked mane far from his normal clean-cut style (perhaps a bit reminiscent of his long locks at the beginning of Limitless) comes seeking out the cash that Shepard’s character owes him.
As it turns out — much to his wife’s disbelief — Shepard’s character (named Charlie Bronson!) was once a getaway driver for his bank robber brother, who entered witness protection and put Cooper’s character in jail. He can’t hide forever, though, and when Cooper comes back for him, a wild road trip ensues.
Tom Arnold co-stars as a cop working to protect Bronson (quite ineffectively), while Kristin Chenoweth also has a part in the film. The picture, Shepard’s second writing and co-directing effort with David Palmer, hits theaters on August 24.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day