- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Hitman’s Bodyguard 2 has a new title — The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard — and a new release date, Lionsgate and Millennium announced Monday.
The sequel to the 2017 sleeper hit is moving up its release from Aug. 20 of this year to June 16 (the film was originally supposed to unfurl in 2020 but was pushed to 2021 due to the pandemic).
Patrick Hughes returns to direct from a script by Tom O’Connor.
Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard find the world’s most lethal odd couple — Michael Bryce (Ryan Reynolds) and hitman Darius Kincaid (Samuel L. Jackson) – back on another life-threatening mission. Still unlicensed and under scrutiny, Bryce is forced into action by Darius’s even more volatile wife, the infamous international con artist Sonia Kincaid (Salma Hayek).
Soon they find themselves in a global plot involving a vengeful and powerful madman (Antonio Banderas) who is threatening to destroy Europe.
Morgan Freeman also joins the franchise alongside Banderas.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day