- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Hitman’s Bodyguard‘s delayed sequel now has a teaser trailer.
Set four years after the events of the original, bodyguard Michael Bryce (Reynolds) once again meets up with assassin Darius Kincaid (Jackson) as they embark on a new adventure to save Darius’ wife, Sonia (Hayek), from new threats. The sequel also stars Antonio Banderas, Morgan Freeman, Richard E. Grant and Frank Grillo.
Despite the original earning relatively poor reviews (it has only a 43 percent freshness rating on Rotten Tomatoes), The Hitman’s Bodyguard racked up $177 million worldwide on its estimated $30 million budget. Director Patrick Hughes has returned to helm the sequel.
The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard was originally scheduled for release in August 2020 but was delayed by the novel coronavirus pandemic. The title was then pushed to Aug. 20, 2021, and then moved up earlier, to June 16, 2021. Ron Schwartz, Lionsgate’s president of worldwide distribution, said in a statement: “This is the kind of summer action film that delivers even more comedy and more thrilling action than the first film — and it’s perfect for fans new to the franchise as well. The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard is what summer moviegoing is all about — great, crowd-pleasing entertainment.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day