- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Peter Jackson is showing his social media savvy, promptly responding to a pair of superfans’ viral clip in which the duo enthusiastically view — and react to — The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug trailer for the first time.
“I’m breaking into a sweat,” one fan says before pressing “play” on her browser, while her friend shoves a tissue in her mouth to stifle the impending shrieks.
As if the duo’s day hadn’t already been made by seeing the trailer, Jackson then posted their clip to his Facebook page with the caption: “This is pretty cute.” Shortly thereafter, he posted a “sequel,” in which three Hobbit actors react to the girls’ video.
Orlando Bloom, Evangeline Lilly and Lee Pace, dressed in full costume as Legolas, Tauriel and Thranduil, respectively, appear on the set where they are filming the trilogy’s third and final installment, The Hobbit: There and Back Again, laughing delightedly at the fan-made video.
“That is an elfin stare if ever I’ve seen one,” says Bloom, while Lilly observes: “This might be more intense than the trailer.”
The trio erupts into giggles at several points during the video, sometimes repeating each other’s lines back to each other.
See both videos below, and the full trailer here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
West Side Story