- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Peter Jackson may not be going to Comic-Con, but he’s giving his fans a first look at the dwarves of The Hobbit.
The director released a composite photos of the actors in costume to TheOneRing.net. Check out the photo, above.
It features, from left-right: Jed Brophy as Nori, Dean O’Gorman as Fili, Mark Hadlow as Dori, James Nesbitt as Bofur, Peter Hambleton as Gloin, Graham McTavish as Dwalin, Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield, Ken Stott as Balin, John Callen as Oin, Stephen Hunter as Bombur, William Kircher as Bifur, Adam Brown as Ori and Aidan Turner as Kili.
THR’s COMPLETE COVERAGE: Comic-Con 2011
Jackson decided not to present the movie at Comic-Con because he says the timing was wrong. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey doesn’t hit theaters until 2012.
PHOTOS: ‘The Hobbit’: Get A First Look At Bilbo and Gandalf (Photos)
“New Line and Warner Bros. were very happy to support a presentation, but I declined, simply because I felt it was too early,” he wrote. “There’s so much more of the films still to shoot. I just wanted to get that out there, because I’ve seen various references to the possibility of something Hobbity at Comic Con. Hate to disappoint anyone. But something tells me we will be there in force next year,” he wrote on Facebook.
He also posted a production video on his Facebook page.
‘The Hobbit’: Evangeline Lilly Joins as Woodland Elf
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day