- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Embedded at Park Road Post Production in Wellington, New Zealand, the director says the first of his Lord of the Rings prequels is due to be completed just two days before its Nov. 28 premiere in his home country (“hopefully,” he adds with a nervous laugh).
“Everyone’s working around the clock to get the film finished,” Jackson says.
The director takes viewers through editing and special effects at the studio, as well as the scoring of the film at the legendary Abbey Road Studios. In addition to the hard work, there seems to be plenty of perks working at Park Road Post, which provides laundry service, massages and three meals a day for its resident Middle-earth aficionados.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey hits theaters on Dec. 14 in 3D & 48FPS. Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival
Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey