- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Although The Hobbit showcases the natural beauty of New Zealand, the National Wildlife Federation wants U.S. audiences to remember the pleasures of their own country’s great outdoors. To that end, they’ve teamed up with Warner Bros., MGM and New Line to host the “Green Your Shire Sweepstakes” for a complimentary private screening of the film. Th winner will be able to invite up to 100 friends or classmates.
“We hope the popularity of the film series and the themes of courage and nature’s beauty will inspire moviegoers and fans of the book to do something to make our Earth a greener place,” said Carey Stanton, NWF’s senior director for education.
NWF is the education partner for the film, providing online resources to help students, educators, parents and individuals “start their own unexpected journey outdoors,” said the group in a statement.
The sweepstakes ends on Dec. 13.
Email: jhandel99 at gmail dot com
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day