- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Deadpool 2 director David Leitch will helm the spinoff, which will focus on Luke Hobbs, the Diplomatic Security Service agent played by Johnson, and Deckard Shaw, one of the franchise’s primary bad guys. The Fast franchise’s veteran scribe Chris Morgan is scripting.
Neal H. Moritz will produce via his Original Films, alongside Johnson and his Seven Bucks Productions partners, Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia. Statham and Morgan will also produce with Kelly McCormick, Steve Chasman, Amanda Lewis, Ainsley Davies and Ethan Smith exec producing.
Kirby — who is repped by WME, Hamilton Hodell, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Bloom Hergott — will next be seen in theaters in Mission: Impossible — Fallout.
Universal is set to release the Hobbs and Shaw movie on July 26, 2019.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day