- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
AMSTERDAM – Oscar-winner Holly Hunter (The Piano) has signed on to play one of the leading roles in Jackie, a Dutch road movie from director Antoinette Beumer.
The film follows Dutch twin sisters who travel to America to look for their long-lost mother, played by Hunter. The siblings are played by real-life sisters Carice van Houten (Blackbook) and Jelka van Houten (The Domino Effect).
Beumer, whose own sister is X-Men star Famke Janssen, is an established director of mainstream features in the Netherlands. Her last two films – the thriller Loft and the romantic comedy The Happy Housewife, the latter also starred Carice van Houten, were local box office hits.
Jackie begins shooting on Monday in New Mexico. Dutch-based Eyeworks is producing and eying a May 17, 2011 release in the Netherlands.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘The Boogeyman’ Director Rob Savage on Stephen King’s Blessing and the Very Good Reason Why Disney Had Him Remove a Toy Lightsaber
Matthew Broderick Reveals Tensions with John Hughes on ‘Ferris Bueller’: “He Was Not Easygoing”
Pamela Anderson Had One Big Rule for ‘Pamela: A Love Story’ Director: “Don’t Show Me Anything”