- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Academy Award-winner Holly Hunter sits in conversation with Monk actor Tony Shalhoub in the first-look image from family dramedy Breakable You , debuting exclusively here at The Hollywood Reporter. Hunter dons an exasperated expression while a bearded Shalhoub looks on.
Breakable You is the story of the Wellers, a dynamic New York City family whose members include a playwright who is past his prime, his former wife and their daughter, a graduate student in philosophy. The film follows the Wellers as they come to terms with themselves and each other.
Andrew Wagner directs the family-based comedic drama, which was adapted from a Brian Morton novel of the same name by Wagner and Fred Parnes. Also starring in the movie is An Education’s Alfred Molina, as well as Cristin Milioti and Omar Metwally.
Wagner previously directed another Morton adaptation: 2007’s Starting Out in the Evening.
Kevin Fitzmaurice Comer (HBO’s Doll & Em) produces the film, with Harmoney Productions’ Douglas Harmon acting as the executive producer.
“We are thrilled to champion Andrew Wagner’s new film and his compelling vision of a fragmented family and the complexities of personal growth,” says Harmon.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day