- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The HollyShorts 15th annual short film festival will kick off Aug. 8 with a star-heavy slate of films for its opening night, led by Lena Headey’s The Trap, starring her Game of Thrones co-star Michelle Fairley and James Nelson-Joyce.
HollyShorts, the Los Angeles-based short film festival, will also open at TCL Chinese Theater with screenings of Janina Gavankar and Russo Schelling’s short Stucco, which stars Debra Messing, Aisha Tyler and Michael Ealy.
And Dane Cook will bring his dramedy American Typecast, which he co-wrote with Monib Abhat and in which both star. Rounding out the opening night lineup is writer-director Eli Powers’ dramedy Holy Moses, which stars Amanda Seyfried and Dan Bakkedahl, and Brittany Snow’s first short, Milkshake, starring Anna Camp.
The HollyShorts 2019 alumni special jury will include Anthony Russo, Ann Russo, Jennifer Morrison and Matthew Modine.
HollyShorts is one of the film festivals whose winners qualify for Academy Award consideration in the short films categories. The short film festival, which also has a streaming channel for its movies called BITPIX, is set to run through Aug. 17.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show