- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Queen Latifah kicked off the 18th annual Hollywood Film Awards telling viewers she’d always remember hosting the event. After all, she said in her opening monologue, “You always remember your first.”
Read more Hollywood Film Awards: Winners List
Then the hostess pointed out Steve Carell in the audience. “I can see Steve Carell there, remembering his first.” Carell nodded sheepishly. Latifah followed up, “Buick or Chevy?”
“Chevy,” the Foxcatcher star mouthed without missing a beat.
“I know what all of you are thinking: ‘Did I miss the first 17 Hollywood Film Awards? Did I not set my DVR?’ ” Latifah told viewers. “Not many movie fans really knew about this show. That’s the problem when the event isn’t on television. But that changes tonight.”
The event’s atmosphere wouldn’t change, though, she continued. “This year will be no different. It’s a party, so drink up, unless you’ve already started drinking, in which case just keep going,” she said.
The Hollywood Film Awards aired live for the first time on CBS. Check out the winners list here, and see the best red-carpet style, best and worse show moments and what the winners were saying backstage.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day