- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“I want to thank, first of all thank [CBS chief] Les Moonves for having the only awards show without Pharrell all year. Thank god I don’t have to listen to ‘Happy’ right now,” he said, referring to the singer and producer’s Oscar-nominated hit. “I would stab myself!”
He offered some career advice to Chadwick Boseman in the audience, riffing off the actor’s track record of playing historical figures — Jackie Robinson in last year’s 42 and James Brown in this year’s awards contender Get On Up.
“If they offer you Rosa Parks, say no. Just say no, ok? Don’t do it,” Rock joked.
As for his award, Rock compared its appearance to an Oscar statue’s. “What is this, a shiny blackie?” he asked. “I don’t know. I love it though.”
The Hollywood Film Awards are produced by Dick Clark Productions, a sister company of The Hollywood Reporter.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Red Sea Film Festival