- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Don’t expect Kim Kardashian or Snooki to get a star on the Walk of Fame any time soon.
“Someone asked if we give reality show characters stars? Hell to the No!” was posted on the Walk of Fame’s Facebook page on Wednesday.
PHOTOS: The Jersey Shore Hits Italy
Adds Ana Martinez, vice president for media relations and producer for the Hollywood Walk of Fame: “It’s just not on the radar for us right now.”
Martinez tells CNN that nominees need to meet the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce committee’s criteria: awards and honors in entertainment, philanthropic work, longevity in the field and the willingness to agree to the ceremony and pay $30,000 for the star’s installation and upkeep on the street.
PHOTOS: Inside Kardashians Inc.
Not all stars who work in reality have been banned. American Idol host and E! News anchor Ryan Seacrest has a star commemorating his radio career. Ozzy Osbourne and Gene Simmons of KISS are both on the walk as well, but for their music careers instead of their reality shows.
Judge Judy and Vanna White also both have stars, but they are considered “successful TV industry personalities” and not “reality TV stars,” according to CNN.
The rules aren’t set in stone. In the end, Martinez says, “We just want to bring the tourists to Hollywood.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day