- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the last several years — since the revelatory accusations against Harvey Weinstein, the kickoff the #MeToo movement and the call for greater equality for women, as well as cultural moments like #OscarsSoWhite — pledges have become the hot Hollywood trend, with studios, agencies, festivals, and companies across the industry making various promises for transparency and gender parity. These statements made headlines at the time, but little has been said about if these pledges are actually being adhered to, or were only ever intended to foster goodwill. As 2019 comes to an end, The Hollywood Reporter checks in on the status of, and progress made from, the 4% Challenge, 5050 by 2020, the inclusion rider and more of those once-buzzy Hollywood declarations.
Click the chart below to see a larger version.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Woman King