- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Elementary! Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson are back to solve more crimes.
Columbia Pictures unveiled the first trailer to Holmes and Watson on Friday. The film sees Step Brothers co-stars Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly reuniting, this time in Victorian London, as the legendary sleuth Sherlock Holmes and his esteemed companion, Dr. John Watson.
This version of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s story takes on a lighter, more comedic tone. In the trailer, Ferrell and Reilly gush over Queen Victoria (played by Pam Ferris) and unleash a colony of bees, while a child proclaims the infamous line — “No shit, Sherlock.”
Even through the goofy antics of both actors, the famous detective and his partner-in-crime still manage to be ahead of the times when Watson asks the queen if he could take a picture of all three of them. The queen proceeds to ask, “Who’s going to take the picture” to which Watson responds, “I will take it. You see, it’s sort of a self-photograph.”
The comedy also stars Rebecca Hall as Dr. Grace Hart and Ralph Fiennes as Holmes’ archnemesis, Professor Moriarty.
Holmes and Watson will open in theaters Dec. 25.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day